February 2022

February: 3 hours

Spring Cumulative: 3 hours

I have been really looking forward to being able to experience the season of Mardi Gras as a resident of New Orleans, and it was definitely worth the wait. Having come to New Orleans only for the week prior a few years ago, I was able to catch a couple of parades and didn't get to see as much of the city during the season with all the crowds and bustle. To be quite honest, I could not have imagined prior to moving here that Mardi Gras was a whole season with so much going on; this time around, I was definitely more able to see what it was all about, and how Mardi has something for everyone. Even with all that time, there is still so much more that I didn't get to, so I am hoping I will be sticking around next year!

For my 3 hours of community service this month, I participated in a Volunteer Interpreter Training session with CCANO. With this last required training session, I will finally be able to volunteer as an interpreter with Catholic Charities. With some of the other training sessions I have done with CCANO that have been more generally focused on working with Immigration and Refugee Services, this last training session was much longer and more focused on standards and best practices for interpretation, all of which served as a useful refresher after a few years off.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2022

November 2021